my first formal education

I asked my parents to enrol me to the school. Can't stand the bored as my friends went to school.
Everyday, I'm singing Sharifah Aini's song with slight modification to the lyrics:
instead of 'abang sayang abang di mana...hati risau mengenang dikau...abang sayang hatiku bimbang lama ditunggu tak tiba'
to 'abang sayang abang di mana...hati risau mengenang dikau, abang sayang hatiku bimbang kerna tak dapat pi sekolah'

Finally, I was part of this special kindergarten. One of the youngest.... This place is not 1 Malaysia kindergarten but 1/4 global kindergarten... Malay, Chinese, Indian, Australian; we are together in class.
About the picture
The photos was taken on 1978, Butterworth. The sitting Indian lady is our Headmistress. The young Indian lady and the men stand behind us are our teachers.The handsome man wearing neck tie; his task was fetching us. Uncle always smiling, look calm and patience.

We learned drawing, writing, reading, singing, respect each other.
Still remember, our recess menu; the hot milo in plastic cup and the cream crackers/marie biscuits, sometimes the butter cake.

Just few friends that in my mind; Ai Ling (2nd row, from left, wearing knitted cap), Noni (at the right of Ai Ling), the Australian pal (sitting between the Indian boys)-she gave her red apple to start our friendship. Me?..1st row, 3rd from left..

Where are you guys... how are you... missing those days... memories still remain.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Loghat teman, siri 2

Sekilas Sekinchan

Tanggungjawab seorang Juruwang