My opportunity cost....

Early this year, I've been attending an interview at an international engineering company, based in Lumut. The manager and the HQ HR manager impressed with me (macam perasan lah plak...). Then I've been promised the position at the site in Lumut Port. I'm very excited... can't imagine.. working in international company with the people from all over the world without stepping out from my own region... will enhance my working experience and embark my career further. The best part is, the head office in Manjung next to the MoM course of IIUM. My work commence as the chief engineer arrived Malaysia. But it happened, the dutch man had some personal issue. Delayed a month... Have time for survey rental house and some preparation to move to Lumut.

Finally, he's in KL but refused to have an assistant. The HR manager informed that they will wait for couple of month. Probably he need an assistant. At the same time, she asked me to still keep in touch for any progress.

April gone... June gone... July... start seeking for other opportunity... I'm still teaching my tiution girls. Having market research project; transcribing, recruiting, field work. keep me busy until I've made up my mind to something else.... such a huge decision in my life... have adjusting my life to conform with the new environment

Today, afternoon. I received call from the HR manager. Offered me a position, much better job in Lumut. Would be located at the head office in Manjung which mean... next to the IIUM learning center... It's too late madam... but she still asked me when I'll available... after more than a year, mam!

Anyway.. thank you for your thought on me... me too still remember the casual professional interview that we were having.

Well...opportunity cost, marginal benefit, marginal cost I'm having...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Loghat teman, siri 2

Sekilas Sekinchan

Tanggungjawab seorang Juruwang